Important Stuff!

Friday, March 6, 2015

Liebstering! Lobstering?

Liore has tagged me with this Liebster thing, and I'm flattered! It's new to me and sounded like fun so here I go with the ten questions she posed!

1. What was your very first MMO character and why did you choose that race?

My VERY first character was a female Tarutaru in Final Fantasy 11, I chose her because I thought Tarutaru were adorable! Plus I wanted to play a White Mage and I had heard that Tarutaru had ideal stats for that class. So a mix of adorable and min-maxing.

2. Would you rather have a tiny elephant as a pet, or a tiny kangaroo?

Tiny Elephant, sounds cuddly!
I imagine this but not plushie.
 3. Do you overuse any figures of speech in your writing or speaking?

Probably, though I never notice unless it's pointed out to me. I think I use phrasing like "on the other hand" far too often though. Colloquialisms and other shortcuts are handy, so it's easy to fall prey to overuse.

4. You can snap your fingers and visit any city in the world. Where are you?

HOW DID I GET TO....actually I'm not sure where I would end up. London or Venice probably. I'm a giant nerd so my "to visit" list includes a lot of places Assassin's Creed has taken place in.
Ezio Auditore: Assassin, Travel Agent
 5. What was your first (real life) pet? Who is your favorite pet?

I've only ever had fish and my first was a little black goldfish named Shadow. I was super creative with names as a child let me tell you... However my favorite pet is a friend's cat named Loki who picked me as his person a long time ago.

6. You’re on a desert island and only have one album, one movie, and one book. What are they?

Probably the album Helios by Audiomachine, or something else of theirs. Movie would probably be Return of the Jedi. Book...hmm I'd have to go with Lord of the Rings or Hobbit, something long but imaginative. Truth be told I'd probably forgo all three if I could have a very large notebook and supply of pencils.

7. Why did you start a blog?

I heard there was big money in blogging. Truthfully I had been following some of the prominent blogging old-guard for a long time. I reached a point where simply commenting on their posts was not feeling sufficient and I felt like I had more to say. So I signed up for Blogger and here I am. Plus the world needed to be graced with the magnificence of my prose. Okay we all know that last sentence wasn't true.

8. What’s your favorite video game soundtrack?

Chrono Trigger! All about that Robo theme. Really it's because CT's soundtrack triggers a strong nostalgia cord with me and has a nice variety. I tend to have one or two songs on a track that I really love so picking a single game means more about finding the one song I could hear forever and the rest I wouldn't immediately hate.

9. Which writers have been the most influential in your own writing?

Outside of blogging I primarily write sci-fi/fantasy and most of my inspiration comes from that, so authors like Tolkein, Patrick Rothfuss, Ursula K. Le Guin, and Margaret Atwood. That said, when it comes to blogging I find myself constantly impressed with the writing of those I follow and they push me to improve every day.

10. What is your favorite virtual hat in any game?

This might be the toughest question in the bunch because there are tons that I like, though I will almost always go for a straw hat if it's available so I'd have to say something like that. Or any time I can have some tiny, cute alien on my head.
Exhibit B, head slime
Now I get to choose MY victims tags and they will be getting some questions, and I freely admit that I borrowed a few and focused mine on gaming cause...uh...gaming blogger? Duh.

1. What was your very first MMO character and why did you choose that race/class?
2. What is your favorite role in MMOs and why? Doesn't have to necessarily be a typical part of the trinity.
3. What is the origin of your blogging name or gaming handle?
4. Do you have a game that you like the idea/setting of but don't or won't play?
5. What was your most exciting/memorable moment in gaming?
6. Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
7. If you could turn into one animal (and back) at will,what animal?
8. You must add one thing to gaming culture but also remove one thing what are the things? Can be a custom, behavior, etc.
9. If you had to quit writing/blogging tomorrow what would you do in its place?
10. If you could have one pet/mount from a game what would it be?

I tag Talarian, Kirsty, and Murf! Good luck.

1 comment:

  1. Challenge accepted! http://talarian.blogspot.com/2015/03/community-chains-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete